So yesterday I decided to have a little count up of the number of views my aerial videos have had across the various online & social media platforms and was amazed to find it came to over 9 million!
Most of my aerial work tends to be based around our beautiful North Norfolk coastline so when it comes to producing captivating imagery I have it pretty easy. Especially when some of my subjects last year included the Household Cavalry on Holkham beach, Cromer & Sheringham RNLI lifeboats and some good stormy weather. Also I was lucky enough to make films for the Lotus Driving Academy at the Lotus test track in Hethell and of the Wildcats Aerobatic Display Team while flying upside down over Southwold Pier!
It was an amazing year with my work being featured on the BBC Saving Lives at Sea series, Nadia’s British Food Adventure (again on the BBC), BBC News, ITN News, Sky News, Channel 4 and Channel 5’s Wildest Weather program.
Some of my favourite Norfolk aerial videos of last year were…
• Warnings of gales – a film showing the two sides of the Autumn weather at Sheringham & Cromer, featuring a soundtrack composed specially by talented local composer Reg Length
• Cromer and Sheringham Lifeboats on exercise – a fair few clips from this were used in the Saving Lives at Sea series
• The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment annual ride-out on Holkham beach – this one alone had 2.4M view on the BBC News East FB page
• Storm Surge – the storm surge and resulting destruction at Cromer in January last year, footage of this was used on new channels all around the world (so I’m told!)
• Wildcat Aerobatics Team – this was a new one for me – flying the drone above two aeroplanes while they take off (with full permission from the pilots obviously!) plus getting to ride in the planes after for a flight with rolls & turns!
For more information about my aerial photography & video in Norfolk please have a look at my aerial imaging site – Aerovisuals. I have some very interesting plans & trips ahead in 2018 so watch this space for some serious nautical aerial goodness!
• Aerial photographers in Norfolk • Commercial drone operators in Norfolk • Drone video Norfolk • Drone photo Norfolk • Aerial video Norfolk •
Time for a break from wedding blog posts so I thought I’d share something else I made this summer…
It’s always a pleasure to go along to our flank station at Cromer Lifeboat and film their Tamar and D-Class lifeboats in action. For this year’s annual lifeboat day I took the drone over and made a short film showing the Cromer boats plus Sheringham Lifeboat putting on a display for the crowds on Cromer pier.
If you’ve been watching the current Saving Lives at Sea series on BBC2 about the work of the RNLI around Britain you’ll have seen some of my aerial video work in there too.
You can’t beat the drama of an RNLI All Weather Lifeboat launching directly into the sea from a slipway, enjoy!
• Aerial photographers in Norfolk • Norfolk drone operators • Aerial filming Norfolk •